Monday, February 22, 2010

Familias musicales

I am very proud to count among my students many whose parents are musicians. The daughter of musicians myself (you can listen to some of my father's music at HalSteinJazz.com), I am living proof of the benefits of early exposure to music. I feel particularly honored when musicians choose to send their children to Música Para Mí because I know they're entrusting me with sharing in their greatest passion with their children.

I will occasionally let you know when some of our families' talents are being showcased locally. This is the first such occasion.

Pedro Giraudo is the father of Vera, who comes to one of our Boerum Hill classes. He is my favorite living composer! His amazing Argentine-flavored jazz orchestra will be performing at the Jazz Standard in Manhattan next Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, March 2nd and 3rd.

I know it's a big deal to get a night out when you've got a little one, but if you're a jazz fan I guarantee this performance would be worth the trouble!

I'll be there on Tuesday, so be sure to come up and say hi if you can make it.

Graciela

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hooking us up to the music world, again. Very cool information to have on hand. I'm loving all of the knowledge and events that your blog brings me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you're following the posts, Christine, and that you appreciate the tidbits I share.

    ReplyDelete